Life Applications ~ Learned from a Jigsaw Puzzle!
by: Ellene Meece
Jigsaw puzzles often find a place close to the center of activity in our homes during the cold months of winter. Whether you are a jigsaw puzzle fan or not, these life applications for business and family life, should have meaning for everyone!
1. When beginning a new puzzle, organize your puzzle pieces.
IN LIFE~ a plan can save you time and assure success. Identify your priorities and lay out a simple plan.
2. Focus on one area at a time.
IN LIFE~ exerting energy and time 'shot-gun' style, leaves you weary and fruitless. Pick an area and focus.
3. Walk away to gain new perspective.
IN LIFE~ staying submerged in the details of a project or goal can sometimes rob you of the overall objective. Walking away or asking for an objective opinion can renew the original perspective.
4. If it doesn't fit, let it go and move on to another piece.
IN LIFE~ forcing an idea or a person to fit into your plan can cause destruction. Let it go and when you move on you will find a better idea or another person who is exactly suited for that niche.
5. The more pieces you put in the easier it is to see the picture.
IN LIFE~ the farther you move toward your goals the easier it is to see the BIG picture and the fruit of your objectives.
6. Refer often to the picture on the box for direction and guidance.
IN LIFE~ there is nothing new under the sun. Every goal, project or objective has had someone who learned through experience. Utilize the wisdom gained from those who have gone before.
7. As you look for correct pieces, encourage yourself and others working with you
IN LIFE~ encouragement is the power that gives us the momentum to keep going. Encouragement of self and those you work with is an invaluable tool.
8. Rotate each piece to find the right combination for a fit. Sometimes the first way you perceived it should fit only needs a little adjustment.
IN LIFE~ our first perception may only be the threshold or a step to a major discovery! Take the first step and then adjust.
9. Put together small sections outside the puzzle and it will soon be apparent where it fits.
IN LIFE~ breaking down a big dream into manageable sets of goals and accomplishments is the key to reaching the moon.
10. Don't be afraid to try a piece even though you are not sure it will fit. Trial and error are the name of the game when working a puzzle!
IN LIFE~ trial and error is the name of the game also. Being afraid to fail is failure. Being free to try is freedom.
"He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers" (Proverbs 19:8).
God's plan for a simple life overflowing with His wisdom and prosperity, can be found right under our nose...even in a jigsaw puzzle!
Who else but Ellene Meece could gain so much wisdom from doing a jigsaw puzzle! I am amazed! And blessed!
by: Dave and Bonnie Duell
Your Reply Was Added For Review...